The exposed masonry serves as a typical aspect of the Romanesque construction. An inscription states that the nave was reconstructed in 1450, while the side chapel including a cupola was added in the late 17th century and richly decorated with paintings.
Restoration work performed in 1992 led to the discovery of a significant artefact from the Chalcolithic period. A 5,000-year-old statue menhir made from Lasa marble was found hidden beneath the Baroque panelling of the Gothic altar – having been used as a support surface. The uncovering of this stele on the hill indicates that this was presumably once a Neolithic cult site. Originating from Valcamonica in Lombardy, the “Lasa menhir” is now on display in the neighbouring St. Nikolaus Church.