Relics of an ancient
stucco sculpture had been preserved, and can still be seen in the St.
Peter's Church of today. With its northern aisle originally designed
as a burial chapel, the ancient parish church of St. Peter was built
in Lombard Carolingian style. However, in 1290, the church underwent
large-scale modifications under the orders of Count Meinhard II of
Gorizia-Tyrol, who had taken over its patronage only three years
earlier. In the end, he transferred the little church named after St.
Peter to the Cistercian monastery of Stams in the Upper Inntal
Valley. Despite its tumultuous upheavals over the ages, the church
has remained the property of the monastery to this day.